Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom – Soluble Apps in conjuction with Northern Film & Media today announce the release of ShotList 1.0 for iOS. ShotList places a professional-quality filmmaking tool in the hands of anyone putting together a movie or video shoot.
The unique new app puts the Production Stripboard system used for many years in the film industry onto mobile devices for the first time, allowing the planning and tracking of every scene of a shoot as it happens.
Filmmakers can enter as much or as little information into the app as they want. It could be simply a series of shot numbers and storyboard frames, or all of the detail which would usually be pulled from a script and entered into a production strip board system as part of the scheduling process. This powerful pocket-sized tool lets filmmakers react and respond quickly to on-the-day challenges such as weather conditions, or issues with locations or cast.
ShotList enables filmmakers to:
* Track and schedule scripted drama, commercial shoots, radio production or videogame motion capture shoots
* Add, edit, delete or re-order scenes freely across multiple shooting days – with instant updating of the total number of script pages to be shot each day
* Each scene can be clearly marked as “To Do”, “Delay”, “Cut” or “Done” as you shoot, ensuring a vital scene is not missed
* View up to 6 storyboard frames per scene for instant recall. Each frame can be marked off as it is completed
* Store hotlinked notes for each scene, for instant dial of relevant phone numbers or access to web addresses (such as location information, or train or tide timetables)
* Keep everyone informed by emailing them the latest “one-line schedule”, or exchanging updated project files with other ShotList users on your team using Dropbox
Peter Johnson, founder Soluble Apps: “When a colleague went to start work as 1st AD on a feature we were amazed to find that there was nothing at all available on the App Store like this. Shotlist is the first app to provide what every filmmaker needs to track a scripted shoot on the go.”
Roxy Bramley, Creative Manager, Northern Film & Media: “Shotlist provides a low cost, portable, digital shot-tracking solution for filmmakers. The app potentially has a global professional market and we were keen to support Peter in developing this practical, commercial product.”
The development of ShotList is partially financed by Northern Film & Media.
About Northern Film & Media
Northern Film and Media (NFM) is a creative industry development agency based in Newcastle. Our vision is to create a strong commercial creative economy in the North East by commercializing talent and ideas. The independent agency invests in talented individuals and innovative companies, ensuring that creative enterprise succeeds in national, regional and international markets.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later
* 5.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ShotList 1.0 is $29.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Soluble Applications is a development studio targeting mobile devices. The studio was founded in Newcastle Upon Tyne in 2010 by Peter Johnson, a seasoned veteran with over 25 years’ experience in the videogame industry as a programmer, producer and studio head working on console titles for world-leading games publishers. Copyright (C) 2011 Northern Film and Media. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.