Did you know that the average two year old adds an average of five new words to their vocabulary every day? Early childhood education is important and should be a priority in any daycare or preschool. So whether you are looking for child care jackson mi or preschool Jackson MI, here are a few facts and interesting bits of history that you will want to know before you begin your search for a daycare that specializes in early childhood education.
1. The beginnings of daycare, and child care in general, had their start with the welfare and reform movements of the mid to late 19th century. Will the abolition of child labor, something needed to be done to keep children healthy, happy, and stimulated. Some of them were only getting this kind of treatment for the first time in their young lives.
2. In France, daycare began in close to the middle of the 1800s and the Societe des Crèches, or society nurseries, was recognized by the French government for the first time in 1869.
3. Did you know that the ears of toddlers are far better at picking up high frequency sounds than those of adults? This is one of the reasons behind the fact that loud noises are so much more alarming and frightening to small children than they are to adults.
4. One of the bigger problems faced by parents of daycare aged children are the sleep problems that three quarters of children will have when they are toddlers. The key to finding good child care is to ensure that the person you are trusting the well being of your child with is not only knowledgable about these kinds of worries, but that they are also equipped to handle them in the best way possible.
5. Before your child goes off to preschool, make sure that they are capable of putting on their own cloths, brushing their hair, and being otherwise self sufficient. This is an important step in the transition to preschool.
While it may seem daunting when you begin your search for the best care and early childhood education for your child while you are at work. Spending the extra time to ensure their safety, happiness, and growth will obviously be worth it in the long run.