If you work in the food service industry, then you will probably already know the importance of things like haccp plans, iso 22000 certification, servsafe certification, haccp certification training, and cmmi certification. Here are a few more facts that you should probably know just in case.
1. Food related microbial hazards include Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes, E. coli O157:H7, and staphylococcal enterotoxin.
2. As of 2010, Iso 14001 certification was used by at least 223,149 organizations in 159 countries and economies.
3. Senate Bill 303, California Food Handler Card Law, requires Food Handler Cards for employees who prepare, store or serve food.
4. Salmonella bacteria, named for American scientist Dr. Daniel E. Salmon, have been known to cause illness for over 100 years.
5. Food Safety Systems Certification was developed to regulate food manufacturers that process animal products, perishable produce, products with a long shelf life and other food ingredients, such as additives and/or vitamins