Silver Spring, Maryland – Leaping Bytes today is pleased to announce MapPocket v.2.1, an update to their map application that can help you to save a lot on roaming charges while traveling. MapPocket allows you to put online maps in your pocket, so you can use them later without an Internet connection.
Whats New in MapPocket v.2.1:
* Ability to edit saved maps
* Ability to share maps between multiple devices using DropBox account
* Landscape mode on iPad
* TV Out on iPhone 4 and iPad
* List of off-line maps displays more information about map: provider, type of map and sharing status
There are number of reasons why traveler may want to use MapPocket:
* planning to go abroad and want to avoid roaming charges (while using maps)
* planning to go “into the wild” where, most likely, there will be no any Internet connection (with some cell providers “wild” could mean “just around the corner”)
* owning an iPad or iPod without a cell data plan and going to wonder into an area without free wifi
* and you can save some trees by not printing your maps anymore
Before you go offline, plan your expedition using an intuitive interface. At any moment touch one button to start recording what you see. MapPocket will remember all tiles you viewed. Once recorded, maps will be available any time without the internet connection.
User can choose maps from one of four providers: Google, Mapquest, Bing or OpenStreetMap. If you go to Paris you may want to choose a “roadmap” view, if you go to the jungles of Amazonia you may prefer a “satellite” view. While planning a expedition (online), you can use standard search functionality to locate points of interest. Even when offline, you can use built-in GPS to pin-point your exact location on a recorded map.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 109 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MapPocket 2.1 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category.
Purchase and Download
Leaping Bytes is a technology solutions company providing mobile, web, and custom software development founded in 2005 by Andrei Tchijov and Elena Tchijov. Since 2009 Leaping Bytes has been involved in developing applications and games for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Copyright (C) 2005-2011 Leaping Bytes. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.