Prague, Czech Republic – TappyTaps today is pleased to announce its new version of ‘Geotag Photos Pro 2.8’ – an iPhone and Android application for easy and automatic geotagging (adding location information) of photographs taken by any (DSLR or compact) camera. The new version was created by focusing on less battery power consumption, so with this version it is possible to record locations for more than a day. ‘Geotag Photos Pro 2.8’ provides many new functions, like notifications when the GPS signal is lost or when the timezone is changed. TappyTaps have also developed a new version of its desktop application, which allows geotagging of photographs completely off-line.
Geotagging of photographs is getting more and more popular – with support of photograph-organization software (Apple iPhoto, Aperture or Google Picasa) or social online services (like Flickr) – it helps people improve the organization of their photographs and share them with location data. However, most cameras cannot record the location itself, as this would require a costly, built-in GPS. ‘Geotag Photos Pro 2.8′ provides a simple solution for this problem. It uses the GPS capabilities of the iPhone to record a log of the user’s location at specified intervals. TappyTaps’ desktop application then uses the uploaded log to match log entries with the time each photograph was captured by any (DSLR or compact) camera.
About a year ago TappyTaps released its first version of Geotag Photos, and with its increasing popularity new features are continually being implemented into both iPhone and Android versions. “We are getting increasing feedback from our users. And when there is a request for the same feature from more customers – and if it makes sense – we simply implement it”, said Jindrich Sarson, CEO of TappyTaps. That is the reason for the new notification facility – many people run Geotag Photos all day and, sometimes, they are in places with poor or no GPS signal. In this case, Geotag Photos notifies the user and he can act on it – for example to catch a stronger GPS signal by just walking closer to a window if he is in building. Geotag Photos Pro is also used by many professional outdoor photographers who are, sometimes, in locations with a poor Internet connection. But now, the new version of the desktop application works entirely without a network connection.
* Geotag Photos Pro 2.8 enables the addition of geospatial metadata to digital photographs taken by any (DSLR or compact) camera
* Precise locations are logged at user-set intervals by the iPhone or Android application
* Geotag Photos Pro offers various logging modes, from continual to manual. The TappyTaps’ desktop application matches logged location data with photographs taken by any camera and saves the location data in a standard metadata format
* The desktop application supports all major operating systems (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux), and the portable part of the application can run in the background on both iOS 4 or Android
* It supports JPG and RAW file formats (more than 20 file formats – such as NEF, DC2, DCW, …), and can export the location data to GPX standard format by using iTunes file-sharing function or by e-mail
FREE lite version is available – for customers to test all the features before deciding to buy
* US English, Czech, French, German, Slovak and Spanish
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 1.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Geotag Photos Pro 2.8 is only $3.99 (USD), and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. The Lite version of Geotag Photos is free. An Android version of Geotag Photos Pro is $3.99 as well and is available from Android Market. Geotag Photos Pro is now available in English, German, French, Spanish and Czech languages. Review copies are available upon request.
Geotag Photos Pro 2.81
Purchase and Download
Purchase from Android Market
Located in Prague, Czech Republic, TappyTaps is a software development company specializing in applications for mobile operating systems, including Apple iPhone, Google Android and Windows Mobile. The company was founded in 2009 by Jindrich and Jan Sarson, and currently markets 12 innovative products. Copyright (C) 2011 TappyTaps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android and Picasa are trademarks of Google, Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc. Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo, Inc.