New York, New York – Polymash Inc. is very excited to announce the release of the FilmOneFest app. The FilmOneFest app is a collection of one-minute films from filmmakers all around the world with supporting stories, artists’ statements and interviews. Furthermore, the app will continue to accept ongoing submissions to FilmOneFest throughout the year, culminating in the selection of one-minute films to be shown at each year’s festival.
The FilmOneFest Festival:
FilmOneFest is an annual outdoor film festival that shows approximately 60 one-minute films from all over the world. FilmOneFest is in its third year. Last year, almost 1000 people gathered on the lawns, laid down their blankets, stretched out their lawn chairs, opened up their coolers and joined in celebration on a balmy July summer’s evening to watch one-minute films under the stars next to the marina at Atlantic Highlands, NJ, USA.
* One-minute films and videos from filmmakers all around world
* Documented interviews with filmmakers about what inspires them and what excites them about the one-minute film format
* Artists’ statements accompanying many of the films
* Past award winning films from FilmOneFest
* 2011 award winners, announced at FilmOneFest July 16, 2011
* Links to Facebook, Twitter and websites of many of the artists
* Selection Panel sharing their passions about film and what they look for in their selection
* Growing collection of one-minute films for submission to the annual FilmOneFest
* Information about the host township and its Arts Council: Atlantic Highlands, NJ, USA, located 30 minutes south of New York City by fast ferry service.
FilmOneFest app is more than an app showing one-minute films. To provide additional interest, members of the Selection Panel and filmmakers were interviewed about their inspirations and visions. Their self-expression adds increased appreciation to the one-minute film art form. Hearing directly from the creators themselves reveals a whole new set of meanings. It’s powerful and expansive.
The continued vision for the FilmOneFest app is to accept and curate one-minute films all year round, culminating in the acclaimed FilmOneFest every year in July in Atlantic Highlands, NJ, USA. To the best of the developer’s knowledge, the FilmOneFest app is:
* The first iPad specific app developed for a film festival.
* The first iPad app for a festival of of one-minute films.
* The first iPad app that curates submissions of one-minute films all year round for final selection to a festival
Supported Languages include English, Bokml, Norwegian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 97.2 MB
Pricing and Availability
The FilmOneFest app 1.0 is currently free of charge and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Download from iTunes
Polymash Inc. is a US-based company whose mission is to transform knowledge and content into exceptional experiences on tablets, web and emerging mobile platforms, offering a full range of app creation services that combine the design, authoring or converting of interactive content for tablet devices, assistance to clients with overall app strategy development and integration, information product design and development, app marketing strategy, services and support. Polymash is a team of experienced IT and publishing professionals, specializing in user experience design, content and language optimization, marketing and social media integration, as well as creative web and graphic design. Copyright (C) 2011 Polymash Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.